LOCATION: SOFIA, BULGARIA
AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our new dream team.
You’ll be working on the Backend Development team with other engineers, designers, technical writers, and product managers. The Backend Team is responsible for the heart of the AtScale Virtual Data Warehouse, including query processing, the automated creation and maintenance of intelligent aggregate tables, and data security and governance. The Backend Software Engineer will solve real computer science problems involving the design and implementation of algorithms ranging from NP complete graph theory problems, through statistics based learning algorithms, all written in-house using functional programming paradigms.
AtScale’s core engineering team is based in San Mateo, California, with DevOps support in Sofia, Bulgaria. Our tight-knit team structure provides ample opportunities for mentorship, increased knowledge of Scala, and valuable experience writing code which is executed within a highly concurrent, distributed environment.
About this position:
- You will be responsible for defining the development and architecture standards for an R&D project within a growth area of the company.
- You will work with product and other engineering teams and translate the requirements to technical deliverables and hold the bar very high on the quality of our product.
- A successful applicant must possess excellent business intelligence knowledge and software development skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly and work independently is paramount.
- Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide his quality product on time without compromise.
As a Business Intelligence Expert, you will:
- Work with all major Business Intelligence tools, existing on the market
- Identify and implement leading-edge query optimization which deliver data warehousing capabilities
- Prepare test cases and plans and perform tests on systems
- Perform troubleshoot on all Business Intelligence tools and assist in resolution
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Test new BI functionalities in order to drive incremental features to production
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in OLAP and Datawarehousing concepts
- Experience with major BI tools – the more the better (Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc.)
- Good understanding of relevant networking technologies and distributed systems
- Excellent business knowledge of analytical reports and their usage patterns
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Be able to learn new technologies rapidly, and be able to share that learning with others
- Be a strong team player who is able to collaborate across teams and departments
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Full business proficiency in English
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in one of the following cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with MDX and SQL
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience with BigData and Datawarehousing platforms like SAP, Oracle; Hadoop BigData ecosystem (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR), Cloud DWH (Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Teradata).