Front-end Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide top notch support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing and resolving issues with our AtScale solution. You will troubleshoot the AtScale issues in multiple types of environments and take ownership of issues and working closely with your fellow support and engineering colleagues to resolve customer issues. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service and communication skills and have excellent technical and problem solving skills.
Approximately 70% of the cases we receive are back-end in nature and may relate to connecting to the data warehouse of choice, AtScale engine or aggregation issues, Linux level troubleshooting, deciphering the system logs and configuration files, etc. Our Back-end Technical Support Engineers will troubleshoot and resolve these issues.
Approximately 30% of the cases we receive relate to designing cubes, modeling or connection from the customer’s BI tool of choice to AtScale. Our Front-end Technical Support Engineers will troubleshoot and resolve these issues.
- Resolve customer problems via telephone, email or remote access web sharing
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to management when customer satisfaction comes into question
- Raise cases to the engineering team for assistance when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team’s expertise
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Participate in the weekend on-call rotation with other Technical Support Engineers
- A strong desire to perform the support engineer role and to work with customers on a daily basis, document cases properly, create knowledge base articles and follow team guidelines
- Passionate, Enthusiasm, Energetic Team player
- Understands the need for mentoring and sharing of knowledge
- Commitment to high quality
- Ability to multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills and need to able to answer questions directly
- Enterprise Software Support Customer facing experience
- Strong in problem solving and logical thinking
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
- Experience with one or more BI Tools: Tableau and Excel in particular
- Experience with building OLAP cube models with Dimensions and Measures
- Advanced SQL knowledge and ability to debug SQL query issues
- Knowledge of dimension modeling concepts such as star schema, snowflake, etc.
- Basic understanding of application support, including working with APIs
- Solid experience with Linux command line
- Knowledge of Hadoop Hive/Impala/Spark, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift and Postgres a plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Submit application to email@example.com