AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Developers to join our team.
You’ll be working on the Backend Development team with other engineers, designers, technical writers, and product managers. The Backend Team is responsible for the heart of the AtScale Virtual Data Warehouse, including query processing, the automated creation and maintenance of intelligent aggregate tables, and data security and governance. The Backend Software Engineer will solve real computer science problems involving the design and implementation of algorithms ranging from NP complete graph theory problems, through statistics based learning algorithms, all written in-house using functional programming paradigms.
- Collaborate with product owners, UX designers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and suggest solutions
- Know how to estimate, define technical priorities, deliver under challenging deadlines
- Has the ambition to write high-quality code covered with unit tests for back-end and front-end
- Improve existing and drive new features from design board to production;
- Constantly improve quality of codebase and flexibility of the development ecosystem
- Be proactive and participate in continuous improvement of the team
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside – help in mentoring junior members
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive person
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Very good English both verbal and written
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in client-side development with Web development
- 3+ years of experience with frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Knockout or similar
- Good understanding of OOP principles, data structures and design patterns
- Experience writing Unit and API Test
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3;
- Experience in working with Agile and DevOps practices
Preference will be given to candidates with
- 2+ years of experience of ReactJS – highly appreciated
- Knowledge in TypeScript Redux
- Experience with automation testing – Nightwatch
- Expecrience in SASS or LESS
- Knowledge in back-end programing – Java, C#, GoLang
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com rather than using the “Apply” button below.
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org