Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our new dream team.
About THE POSITION:
We seek an energetic technologist who believes passionately in the power of strong technical writing. We’re interested in talking if you have the following traits:
- You consider product documentation to be part of the core product
- You consider your principal audience and craft your message accordingly
- You can understand, organize and communicate complex technical requirements
- You are detail-oriented and well organized
- You have a keen eye for typos, copy/paste errors and conceptual inconsistencies
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand new features and enhancements of the AtScale Product.
- Spot-verify new features and procedures with a local docker image.
- Author online documentation using reStructured text
- Manage the documentation versioning with Git and GitHub
- Occasionally, author knowledge-base articles or user guides to complement the
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Git and GitHub version control systems
- Experience with basic Linux command line usage, specifically Bash shell
- Experience with basic SQL
- The basics of using reporting software for data visualization and exploration
(e.g Tableau, Excel, Power BI, etc)
- Ability to understand, organize and articulate complex technical concepts
BONUS TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience with reStructuredText (reST)
- Experience working with OLAP cubes through and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with the MDX query language
- Experience documenting REST APIs
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.