Data Virtualization & Cloud OLAP: How Can They Improve Your BI?
This webinar from GigaOm Research features Andrew Brust, GigaOm analyst, and special guest Dave Mariani, co-founder & Chief Strategy Officer from AtScale.
Enjoy a lively discussion about why today’s disparate, high-volume data sources make data virtualization a priority for enterprise, and how putting dimensional modeling/OLAP on top delivers well-modeled data in a single, easily consumable access layer.
In this webinar, you will discover:
- How data virtualization, combined with on-demand aggregation, adds value to today’s cloud data warehouses
- How data virtualization applies across data lakes, data warehouses, operational databases, enterprise software, SaaS applications, and even APIs
- How the technology enables business users and analysts to query all of their data sources individually or in combination
- How modern OLAP, built for the cloud, fits into the contemporary analytics stack
- Why semantic models and analytics-specific query languages deliver crisper insights