Fortune 100 companies embrace AtScale’s approach as self-service, Big Data and the Cloud collide; 2018 promises to be a breakout year for AtScale and the Business Intelligence industry
San Mateo, CA (February 27, 2018) – AtScale, the only company to provide enterprises with a universal semantic platform for BI on the Data Lake, announced today that 2017 was a banner year in which leading Fortune 100 enterprises — from Applied Materials (world’s #1 semiconductor and display equipment company) to UnitedHealth Group (world’s #1 largest health care) — embraced its approach.
The company also extended its patented solution beyond Hadoop to the Amazon, Google and Microsoft Clouds, bringing universal semantic capabilities delivered across any BI tool and any cloud, for the first time ever.
AtScale’s impressive enterprise adoption attracted the attention of many industry observers. The company raised its largest funding round to date and hired key executives.
To find out more about AtScale, go to www.atscale.com/try
“We invest in differentiated technology companies that know how to solve tough and broadly understood enterprise-scale problems,” said David Lam, General Partner at growth equity fund Atlantic Bridge Capital and one of the company’s most recent investors. “The AtScale team not only understands the enterprise pain because they’ve experienced it first-hand, they also have a relentless dedication to customer success: what other companies in their space do you know that count the top 10 enterprises in the financial services, insurance, healthcare and automotive industry as customers?”
Committed to Customer Excellence
In 2017, AtScale welcomed some of the world’s most significant industry leaders onto its platform: Toyota (Fortune Global #5), GlaxoSmithKline (#1 Fortune enterprise to change the world), and many others have adopted AtScale to improve business operations and achieve ROI in ways that will establish new standards for the rest of the industry.
Many of AtScale’s customers have already been publicly recognized for their innovation: TD Bank Group received Cloudera’s Data Impact Award for “Modern Architecture for Big Results” and was honored for having “reduced data management costs by 60 percent and storage costs by 98 percent per gigabyte with its new data lake and analytics platform.” Liberty Mutual keynoted Hortonworks’ DataWorks Summit, highlighting the way in which AtScale’s innovation supported the company’s data lake journey. Vivint, Tyson Foods and Ebates received AtScale’s Data Visionary Awards.
In a recent InformationWeek interview, Ebates’ VP of Analytics pointed to AtScale’s pivotal role in modernizing its data environment, maturing it from a traditional data warehouse to an enterprise “data hub.”
To hear more about what the Chief Data Executives of Toyota and GlaxoSmithKline think, click here.
AtScale Revs Its Engine
AtScale’s ambitious vision and fast-paced execution pushed the industry forward in significant ways in 2017. With AtScale 6.0, the industry saw universal semantic capabilities for the Amazon, Google and Microsoft Clouds, enabling customers to experience live, lightning-fast and secure Microsoft Excel to Google BigQuery performance.
This innovation, coupled with AtScale Adaptive Cache™, a machine-learning optimizer that speeds up queries and reduces query loads to the underlying database, drove tremendous value for enterprises: 100X performance improvements and 1,000X query cost reduction.
“Big, challenging problems require companies with audacious solutions. AtScale provides such market-leading innovation,” says Jerry Yang, founding partner of AME Cloud Ventures and co-founder of Yahoo!. AME Cloud Ventures is one of AtScale’s early investors, embracing the vision mapped out by AtScale’s CEO and founder, Dave Mariani. Mariani, among his other roles, served as VP of Engineering at Yahoo!.
By delivering AtScale 6.0, AtScale became the only company to support Big Data Analytics anywhere, whether on premises or in the cloud.
Winners chose AtScale
AtScale’s impressive customer adoption and technology innovation attracted the attention of many investors and executives. In 2017, AtScale closed the largest investment round in its history, more than doubling its total financing.
Two new executives joined the company’s growing leadership team: Peter Perrone, a 14-year Goldman Sachs veteran, joined as CFO, and Kip Bowes, a 20-year solution delivery and new business development executive, was appointed VP of Customer Success. Kip helped drive Cloudera’s dramatic growth up to and through its Initial Public Offering (IPO) and his appointment was highlighted as “most notable” by CRN Magazine.
To find out if AtScale can solve your Big Data needs, go to www.atscale.com/try
Top AtScale Highlights:
- Becoming the “BI on the Big Data Lake” standard for the global data-driven enterprise. Modern leaders like GlaxoSmithKline (#1 Fortune enterprise to change the world), The Development Bank of Singapore (Asia’s largest bank) and Toyota (Fortune Global #5) chose AtScale for their Big Data Modernization needs. Enterprises like Applied Materials, Dell, Bloomberg and Groupon quickly followed suit. Finally, the who’s who in the financial services, insurance and pharmaceutical industries realized their data analytics vision by leveraging AtScale’s sophisticated modelling and calculation capabilities. The company now counts as its customers the world’s #1 healthcare insurance company (UnitedHealth Group), as well as Fortune and Forbes most regarded enterprises: Aetna (Forbes #3), Cigna (Fortune #4) and Liberty Mutual (#3 largest insurance).
- Experienced largest ever expansion in revenue, customers and financing: In Q4, the company experienced its largest quarter in history and registered its largest expansion ever. In Q2, the company saw its annual recurring revenue (ARR) grow by over 10X year over year. Such growth and unprecedented market adoption led to the company’s largest funding round to date. AtScale’s Series C round welcomed new investor in Atlantic Bridge, Wells Fargo Securities and Industry Ventures.
- Achieved patented product leadership for BI on the Data Lake, in the cloud, on premises and both: In May, AtScale was granted its first patent, making it the only vendor to provide a multi-dimensional calculation engine, a machine learning performance optimizer and a universal data abstraction layer that run against any BI visualization tool. Having established a leading position in the Hadoop Data Lake with Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR, AtScale further extended its platform to the Amazon, Microsoft and Google Clouds. 451 Research called AtScale “The Switzerland of Big Data.”
- Acknowledged as a Data Modernization execution leader by key partners: AtScale customer TD Bank Group received Cloudera’s Data Impact Award for “Modern Architecture for Big Results.” Liberty Mutual and AtScale keynoted Hortonworks’ DataWorks Summit. Customers such as Vivint, Tyson Foods and Ebates also received the company’s Data Visionary Awards.
- Recognized for pioneering the “Universal Semantic Layer” ecosystem: CRN magazine recognized AtScale as an emerging Big Data Vendor, a cool Data Management player and credited the company for “its critical role in bridging the gap between visualization tools and big data sources, on-premises or in the Cloud.” 451 Research singled AtScale out for its “highly differentiated offering.” ZDNet recognized AtScale’s approach as having “significant economic impact,” and CIO Magazine authored a series of articles highlighting the need for enterprises to include a universal semantic data layer to take their data modernization initiatives to the next level.
- Expanded executive team: AtScale appointed former Cloudera and Oracle executive Kip Bowes as VP Customer Success, a hire that was highlighted as “most notable” by CRN Magazine: Bowes brings more than 20 years of experience in organizational strategy, new business development, and solutions delivery for top technology companies. He helped drive Cloudera’s dramatic growth up to and through its Initial Public Offering (IPO). AtScale also hired Pete Perrone as its CFO. Perrone is a 14-year veteran at Goldman Sachs and was CFO of Limelight Networks and Percolate Industries.
For a more complete understanding of how AtScale can help your company, go to www.atscale.com/try
AtScale makes BI work on Big Data. With AtScale, business users get interactive and multi-dimensional analysis capabilities, directly on Big Data, at maximum speed, using the tools they already know, own and love – from Microsoft Excel to Tableau Software to QlikView. Built by Big Data veterans from Yahoo!, Google and Oracle, AtScale is already enabling the BI on Big Data revolution at major corporations across healthcare, telecommunications, retail and online industries. To see how AtScale can help your company, go to www.atscale.com/try