Close

Request a Demo

Data News Roundup – Thursday, August 13th, 2020

Welcome back big data enthusiasts!

This week is an exciting one for the AtScale team, as we just announced that we were named to Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000, a prestigious list that ranks the fastest-growing private companies in America. It’s a true honor to be placed side-by-side with so many innovative companies – this is a testament to the hard work our team has put in to overdeliver for our customers. If you’re interested in digging into the details of the full list, it’s available here.

But enough about us – let’s dig into what’s happening in the world of big data and analytics this week. A lot of interesting trend pieces and news items of note, including a cloud computing report from Gartner, a study from IDC looking at how COVID has impacted tech spending and more.

Read on to stay up to date on the industry, and as always, reach out if you have any questions.

Cloud computing: AWS still dominates IaaS but Microsoft and Google growing faster – August 10th, 2020

By Owen Hughes

TechRepublic

The latest cloud computing report from Gartner shows that AWS is still the dominant IaaS provider with $20B in IaaS cloud revenue in 2019, but Microsoft and Google are growing more rapidly.

IDC study reveals wide-ranging COVID-19 impact on tech spending – August 10th, 2020

By Mike Wheatley

SiliconANGLE

A study on IT spending from IDC, commissioned by Google LLC, finds that 60% of enterprises expect either no change or to increase their spending this year, with the remaining 40% reducing spending due to COVID.

The 10 Hottest Enterprise Cloud Services Of 2020 (So Far) – August 11th, 2020

By Donna Goodison

CRN

CRN dives into the 10 most impressive cloud services of the year thus far, including new offerings from AWS, Google Cloud, HPE and Microsoft Azure.

Big Data: Three ways Chief Data Officers can change the agenda – August 12th, 2020

By Mark Samuels

ZDNet

ZDNet looks at the rise of the Chief Data Officer by interviewing Aldermore Bank CDO Hany Choueiri to get his thoughts on what data leaders can do to make a true difference for their organizations.

Share this:

More Great Content