LOCATION: SOFIA, BULGARIA
You’ll be working on the Backend Development team with other engineers, designers, technical writers, and product managers. The Backend Team is responsible for the heart of the AtScale Virtual Data Warehouse, including query processing, the automated creation and maintenance of intelligent aggregate tables, and data security and governance. The Backend Software Engineer will solve real computer science problems involving the design and implementation of algorithms ranging from NP complete graph theory problems, through statistics based learning algorithms, all written in-house using functional programming paradigms.
AtScale’s core engineering team is based in San Mateo, California, with DevOps support in Sofia, Bulgaria. Our tight-knit team structure provides ample opportunities for mentorship, increased knowledge of Scala, and valuable experience writing code which is executed within a highly concurrent, distributed environment.
- Have proven experience developing and delivering server software products
- Love solving difficult technical problems
- Thrive under the pressure of knowing the code you write enables the world’s largest organizations to run their most important analytical workloads
- Are maniacal about crafting powerful, scalable source code
- Enjoy working collaboratively with other motivated software developers
- Have deep experience in at least one of the following areas:
– Scala or Java programming
– Working with business intelligence applications such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlik
– Working with query languages such as SQL or MDX
– working with data platforms such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
– Python heavy
– AutoML experience/understanding will be huge advantage (DataRobot, H20, and open source)
– Concentration in classical machine learning (regressions and classifications)
– GCP, AWS, Azure ML microservices
You will work on a stack that largely involves Scala, and you will gain deep hands-on experience with key enterprise technologies such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Hadoop. You will also have the opportunity to work with Business Intelligence tools that speak SQL and MDX, and any other tools and technologies that the AtScale product connects to.
AtScale engineers use git and Github for source code control, Slack for internal communications, Docker for development environments, Jenkins for builds, and Macbook Pros as work machines.
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.