LOCATION: SOFIA, BULGARIA
AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our new dream team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Manage Spark cluster environments, on bare-metal and container infrastructure, including service allocation and configuration for the cluster, capacity planning, performance tuning, and ongoing monitoring.
- Understanding of Spark cluster security, networking connectivity and IO throughput along with other factors that affect distributed system performance
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround.
- Working knowledge of containers (e.g., docker) and major orchestrators (e.g., Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Datacenter)
- Working knowledge of automation tools (e.g.,Ansible, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of software defined networking
- Reproduce/Debug issues and as necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to core engineering, and provide the necessary documentation.
- Ability to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to the appropriate engineering team(s)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years hands-on experience with supporting Spark ecosystem technologies in production
- Working knowledge and experience in Linux, SQL, MDX, database concepts and data modeling.
- Hands on experience with Grafana and Kibana
- Experience with scripting with bash, perl, ruby, or python
- Experience with Linux at a systems administration level
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
- Passionate, enthusiastic, energetic team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills and need to able to answer questions directly