July 16, 2020Data News Roundup – Thursday, July 16th, 2020
Today, AtScale announced that we have released new datasets and an accompanying Tableau workbook with prebuilt dashboards for our COVID-19 Cloud OLAP Insights Model. The new, enriched data and workbook provides you with economic and behavioral data for deep analysis so that you can make more informed decisions based on economic, behavioral and COVID-19 insights on your path back to “normal”
The updated model is built to analyze COVID-19 datasets from The New York Times, World Health Organization, Johns Hopkins University, Robert Koch Institute and the Italian Civil Protection Department. And, we included new economic and mobility data to help provide a snapshot of society’s “new normal” as phased reopening takes place. This includes data from: Google’s Global Mobility, the Transportation Security Administration’s Checkpoint Travel Numbers, Open Table Reservations, the US Department of Transportations’ Monthly Travel Statistics and the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
You can also download the free, public Tableau workbook to quickly visualize a number of insights from the data and use these premade visualizations as the foundation for their own analysis. Existing visualizations show a range of insights, helping answer important questions like:
- How has an increase in mobility impacted the spread of COVID-19?
- Have surges in new cases changed people’s behavior? Is this different across states?
- When will airports be busy again? Are travelers opting for alternative options to planes and public transit?
- How is the restaurant industry recovering?
- Which industries have seen the largest reduction in employment? Which age groups are being affected? Have men been impacted differently than women?
AtScale’s Cloud OLAP insights model is available to help organizations and individuals perform multidimensional analysis on datasets from multiple providers. The models provide built-in and easy to use dimensions and measures to help individuals quickly turn this data into information for business decisions, all without the need to prep or engineer data.
We have also created a video to explain how to use the data models.