May 7, 2020Data News Roundup – Thursday, May 7th, 2020
Are you working out of your living room/home office? Is every conference on your schedule for 2020 cancelled for the year? Are you looking for ways to help you deal with today while you plan for tomorrow? I know that I am.
The subject matter experts at AtScale have created five new ways to learn how to navigate today’s COVID-19 situation as you and your organization head towards the ‘New Normal”.
1. Watch the PERFORMING MULTIDIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS ON COVID-19 DATA (WITHOUT REQUIRING DATA ENGINEERING!) webinar
Daniel Gray, VP of Sales Engineering at AtScale recently recorded a webinar for the virtual ODSC East conference. You can watch his on-demand webinar to learn how AtScale’s Cloud OLAP technology is making it possible for public health officials and businesses analysts to perform “what if” analysis without having to call in the data engineering team to do the time consuming and complicated data analytics tasks. Just click here.
2. Get free access to AtScale’s MULTIDIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS of COVID-19 Data Sets
AtScale’s Cloud OLAP model is available to help you perform multidimensional analysis on the Starschema: COVID-19 Epidemiological data. Once downloaded, you can perform multidimensional analysis on the data using a popular BI tool. Click here to learn more.
3. Watch the ACCELERATING ANALYTICS WITH CLOUD OLAP webinar
Join AtScale co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Dave Mariani, on this on-demand webinar as he explains how to leverage the computation power of your underlying data lake and cloud data warehouse with Cloud Online Analytical Processing (OLAP). Click here and you’ll learn:
- How you can scale out your existing OLAP capabilities in the cloud with minimal disruptions to your end-users.
- How OLAP can work seamlessly in the Cloud and/or on-premise with multi-dimensional data virtualization.
- How a modern, no data movement OLAP engine can work on today’s semi-structured and structured data types
- How OLAP can boost query performance and make cloud costs more predictable
4. Watch the CREATING AN ENTERPRISE AI STRATEGY: IF YOUR COMPANY ISN’T GOOD AT ANALYTICS, IT’S NOT READY FOR AI webinar
Watch this on-demand webinar featuring Dave Mariani, AtScale Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer, to learn why if you do not have technology that creates and maintains data pipelines and basic data engineering, your ability to solve problems with AI will become elusive. Just click here.
5. Check out the COVIDNEARYOU.ORG website
John Brownstein, Chief Innovation Officer at Boston Children’s Hospital and professor at Harvard Medical School and his team have created the COVIDNEARYOU.ORG website that fills in the reporting gaps left by a majority of those infected by COVID-19 who experience mild illness. Working with AtScale, they are now getting this data into the hands of public health officials to use in their analysis for pandemic response measures. Your contributions to the site will help inform public health with real-time insights on the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re all in this together. As we rise to the COVID-19 challenge, advanced data analytics will empower people, businesses, governments, and institutions to make key, data-driven decisions – guiding all of us to a better tomorrow, together. The more we learn, the more we can derive actionable insights from COVID-19 data for today and the future.