LOCATION: SOFIA, BULGARIA
AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our new dream team.
You’ll be working on the Backend Development team with other engineers, designers, technical writers, and product managers. The Backend Team is responsible for the heart of the AtScale Virtual Data Warehouse, including query processing, the automated creation and maintenance of intelligent aggregate tables, and data security and governance. The Backend Software Engineer will solve real computer science problems involving the design and implementation of algorithms ranging from NP complete graph theory problems, through statistics based learning algorithms, all written in-house using functional programming paradigms.
AtScale’s core engineering team is based in San Mateo, California, with DevOps support in Sofia, Bulgaria. Our tight-knit team structure provides ample opportunities for mentorship, increased knowledge of Scala, and valuable experience writing code which is executed within a highly concurrent, distributed environment.
- Create automated tests using Nightwatch.js to exercise all capabilities of our leading-edge, canvas-based web application
- Tests need to run against many supported data warehouses and versions
- Monitor automated test runs, and work with the development teams to resolve test failures
- Regular participant in team scrum meetings
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- QA experience a definite plus
- Jenkins experience a plus