BOSTON — September 20, 2022 — AtScale, the leading provider of semantic layer solutions for modern business intelligence and data science teams, today announced the full agenda and sponsors for its inaugural Semantic Layer Summit, which is being held virtually on Wednesday, September 28, 2022, from 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT. To register, visit semanticlayersummit.com.
The Summit is a free, one-day virtual event focused on the role of a semantic layer in scaling enterprise analytics, along with a discussion of best practices and related technologies to support a semantic layer strategy. Attendees will be able to hear from top data leaders, technologists and industry experts on how to deliver actionable insights from artificial intelligence (AI) and business intelligence (BI) initiatives so that they truly aid everyone in the organization.
“With more than 5,000 attendees already signed up for the Summit, we’re anticipating an excellent day of education, discussion and networking,” said Dave Mariani, AtScale’s CTO and co-founder, who will also be serving as the host and moderator for the Summit. “There’s a tremendous lineup of speakers scheduled from start to finish – folks with years of real-world experience in the data science and analytics areas – who will be giving attendees takeaways they can apply to their own AI and BI initiatives.”
The event will be split across two stages: the main stage and the tech stage. Over 30 enterprise data leaders will share practical advice and industry perspective. Notable highlights include a session entitled “The Evolution of Data Architecture & the Semantic Layer” featuring Bill Inmon, the founder and CEO of Forest Rim Technology, who’s also commonly known as the “Father of the Data Warehouse”; one of the world’s top AI influencers and Chief Science Officer at DataPrime, Kirk Borne; and Benn Stancil, the Chief Analytics Officer and Founder at Mode.
Highlights from the list of additional confirmed speakers and presentations at this year’s event include:
- “Designing and Executing a Scalable Enterprise Data Strategy,” by Andrew Sohn, Senior Partner at NewVantage Partners; Ram Kumar, Chief Data and Analytics Officer at Cigna; and Vidhi Chugh, Staff Data Scientist at Walmart.
- “Data Engineering & Architecture,” by Srinivasan Sankar, Enterprise Data & Analytics Leader at The Hanover Insurance Group; Ujjwal Goel, Director, Data Architecture, Data Engineering at Loblaw Companies Limited; and Peggy Tsai, Chief Data Officer at BigID.
- “Achieving Success with AI & ML,” by Abhishek Singh, Lead Machine Learning Engineer and Manager at Cardinal Health; and Michael Taylor, AI Chief Data Scientist: Rail Analytics Center at Siemens.
- “Data Platform & Insights Tech,” by Chris Ling, Director of Data Platform and Analytics at Kolibri Games; Ramdas Narayanan, Vice President, Product Manager (Data Analytics and Insights Tech) at Bank Of America; and Fahad Bijle, Vice President, Data Strategy and Data Products at CalAmp.
- “Scaling Data Literacy,” by Jordan Morrow, Vice President and Head of Data and Analytics at BrainStorm, Inc.; Megan Brown, Director, Global Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics and Data Science at Starbucks; and Chad Sanderson, Head of Product, Data Platform at Convoy.
- “Market Take on the Semantic Layer,” by Dr. Prashanth Southekal, Founder and Managing Principal at DBP-Institute; and Sanjeev Mohan, Principal at SanjMo.
- “Business Intelligence & Analytics,” by Zaki Eltwaishi, Director of Data Architecture at Electronic Arts; Andrea De Mauro, Head of Data & Analytics at Vodafone; and Jon Francis, Chief Data and Analytics Officer at General Motors.
- “Enterprise Analytics & Data Strategies,” by Tomeka Hill-Thomas, Senior Principal, Workforce Strategy and Analytics at Mercer; Mark Stern, Vice President of Business Intelligence & Analytics at BetMGM; and Richard Lichtenstein, Expert Partner & Chief Private Equity Data Officer at Bain & Company.
- “Actionable Insights for Everyone,” by Colin Reid, Senior Data Engineer at Trumid; Jennifer Wheeler, Director, Augmented Intelligence – Pharma, at Cardinal Health; Mark Stange-Tregear, Vice President, Analytics, at Rakuten Rewards; and Greg Mabrito, Director of Data and Analytics at Slickdeals.
Attendees will also be able to interactively visit all sponsor exhibitor booths and connect with other attendees while virtually attending the event. The full list of event sponsors for this year’s event include:
- CDO Magazine
- Digital Analytics Association
- DM Radio
- The Ravit Show
- Virtual Intelligence Briefing
AtScale enables smarter decision-making by accelerating the flow of data-driven insights. The company’s semantic layer platform simplifies, accelerates, and extends business intelligence and data science capabilities for enterprise customers across all industries. With AtScale, customers are empowered to democratize data, implement self-service BI and build a more agile analytics infrastructure for better, more impactful decision making. For more information, please visit www.atscale.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
Guyer Group for AtScale