Company grows by 10X, becomes de-facto enterprise standard for Modern Business Intelligence for Big Data
San Mateo, CA (Jan 31, 2017) – AtScale, the first company to provide enterprises with a fast and secure self-service BI platform for Big Data, announced today record results for 2016, successfully closing its second year of operations since it emerged from stealth in April, 2015.
The company grew revenue by 10X since inception and has delivered explosive growth across all business metrics. In 2016, AtScale expanded its offerings from BI on Hadoop to BI on Big Data – On Premises and in the Cloud. The company also inked a global reseller agreement with Hortonworks in the summer, allowing every Hortonworks customer to purchase AtScale directly from Hortonworks.
“Our research shows that three quarters of organizations use their business intelligence tools and over half (52%) use spreadsheets to perform big data analytics,” said David Menninger, SVP & Research Director at Ventana Research. “AtScale’s vision and product are focused precisely on this market segment. As the company continues to grow it will enable more organizations to maximize the value of their big data efforts by working with the tools they prefer to use.”
Leading with Customer Success
AtScale’s exponential growth was fueled by the adoption of its Intelligence Platform across all major industries, including some of the world’s most prestigious organizations such as AllState, Bloomberg, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, GoDaddy, Groupon, Home Depot, Kraft Heinz, Reinsurance Group of America, Vivint and many more.
“When we launched, we laid out a vision to create a modern Business Intelligence platform that could perform queries at interactive speed and scale any type of data – wherever that data lies in Hadoop, non-Hadoop, on-Premises and in the Cloud,” said Dave Mariani, co-founder and CEO. “2016 saw the culmination of that vision, the adoption of our solution by large enterprises, rapid expansions and renewals, indicating that every CIO needs a full-scale enterprise solution to enable all employees to tackle their BI on Big Data needs.”
AtScale is the first company to introduce a true modern BI Platform that enables businesses to work seamlessly across all of Big Data, on premises, in the Cloud, on Hadoop and non-Hadoop datasources like Google Dataproc and BigQuery.
Finally, AtScale’s seamless semantic layer for all BI tools on Hadoop and Big Data continued to reap recognition with its deployment at customer Macy’s receiving the prestigious 2016 Ventana Research Business Technology Leadership Award in the category of Big Data. AtScale customer Yellow Pages was awarded the Cloudera Data Impact award for implementing BI-on-Hadoop that drove 200X performance improvement for the company’s business users, executives and clients.
Partners Embrace AtScale
In 2016, AtScale continued to build on strategic alliances with Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, Tableau and Qlik, positioning AtScale as the standard for BI on Big Data in the Enterprise.
Tableau and AtScale announced a partnership to deliver the industry’s first BI on Hadoop accelerator for Tableau customers, enabling business users to run analytics on Hadoop at 100x the performance. Hortonworks launched its AtScale OEM at Hadoop Summit in the summer. AtScale also introduced new capabilities for direct interactivity on Hadoop via Microsoft Power BI and the Microsoft Azure HDInsight platform.
AtScale supports all Hadoop distributions from Cloudera to Hortonworks to MapR and its technology is also available on the Microsoft Azure HDInsight platform. More recently, AtScale announced partnerships with Google and Teradata to broaden solution coverage from BI on Hadoop to BI on Big Data.
To find out how AtScale can help your company, go to www.atscale.com/try
Top 10 Highlights and Awards for 2016
- AtScale’s deployment at Macy’s was named Ventana Research Leadership Award Winner. Macy’s disrupted the status quo of ‘bringing data to the tool’ and operationalized BI on Hadoop.
- CRN Magazine called AtScale one of the “Big Data technology developments you should know about.”
- Yellow Pages was awarded the Cloudera Data Impact award for implementing a BI-on-Hadoop solution powered by Cloudera, AtScale and Tableau to make the content and actions offered to its clients more relevant. The new environment is up to 200X faster while giving business users, data scientists, executives and clients a single universal semantic layer.
- AtScale released the results of the industry’s most comprehensive Big Data Maturity Survey, revealing surprising insights about the state of Hadoop, Big Data in the Cloud.
- InformationWeek named AtScale a top “Hot Big Data and Analytics Startup to Watch.”
- AtScale released the industry’s most comprehensive benchmark testing Business Intelligence workloads on Hadoop – revealing strengths and weaknesses for Impala, SparkSQL, Hive and Presto.
- Hortonworks announced it will resell AtScale technology so users can query data as soon as it lands in Hadoop, without any data movement and from any BI Tool.
- AtScale introduced 4.0 – the industry’s most advanced and secure BI on Hadoop Platform, meeting current security and governance challenges.
- AtScale partnered with Microsoft and became the first company to enable Power BI users to perform live, interactive queries against data in Hadoop without data imports, pre-processing or data movement.
- Business Insider named AtScale a top “Enterprise startup to bet your career on.”
The above are only 10 of the many achievements AtScale, its partners and customers are proud of for 2016! Our CEO was also featured on Bloomberg TV . For a more complete understanding of how AtScale can help your company, go to www.atscale.com/demo
AtScale makes BI work on Big Data. With AtScale, business users get interactive and multi-dimensional analysis capabilities, directly on Big Data, at maximum speed, using the tools they already know, own and love – from Microsoft Excel to Tableau Software to QlikView. Built by Big Data veterans from Yahoo!, Google and Oracle, AtScale is already enabling the BI on Big Data revolution at major corporations across healthcare, telecommunications, retail and online industries. To see how AtScale can help your company, go to www.atscale.com/try