Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
AtScale is the industry leader in data federation and cloud transformation, enabling enterprises to create a single view of their data, no matter where it is stored – data warehouses, data lakes, data marts or emerging cloud data platforms. Enterprises leverage AtScale to facilitate seamless and non-disruptive implementations for business intelligence, A.I. and Machine Learning applications in multi-cloud and multi-platform deployments globally. AtScale is relied upon globally by firms including JPMorgan Chase, Toyota, Wells Fargo, GlaxoSmithKline and many more.
Led by industry veterans from Yahoo!, Google, Netezza, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco and Oracle, we chose Sofia for our first office outside the USA, and now we are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our new dream team.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of product management experience in an agile software development environment, with a deep background in Big Data and Business Intelligence.
- Understand customer needs to drive product strategy and roadmap for the AtScale design and management UI as well as AtScale’s back-end data processing and query management engine.
- Think strategically and tactically about features and long-term platform investments.
- Proactively seek out feedback from customers and different parts of the organization, but ultimately own the final decision.
- Design features that address operational friction points and reduce the effort required to install, configure, and manage AtScale deployments.
- Build robust platform capabilities to address performance challenges and external systems reliability.
- Understand customer pain points related to AtScale design, configuration, and management and identify features to improve end-user experience and productivity.
- Solve customer problems and articulate to engineering what unique values the product is providing.
- Keep up to date with technical trends, the big data industry and emerging business cases.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years relevant professional experience
- 5+ years product management experience, preferably focused on Business Intelligence, Analytics, Hadoop, MPP databases, and/or data integration.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Excellent product planning and organization skills.
- The ability to quickly learn complex concepts and technologies and clearly explain them to others.
- Knowledge or experience with creating documentation in an Agile development environment.
- Proven track record of launching successful enterprise platforms at scale as a lead developer or product manager.
- Deep technical expertise in the BI and/or Big Data space.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following areas: Data integration and cloud connectivity; Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, etc.; Machine learning, BI and data science
- Knowledge or experience with source control systems, preferably using GitHub.
- Knowledge or experience with bug tracking systems, preferably using JIRA.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence is done.